- In the spring, the Cleveland pear tree produces small, white flowers that have a pleasant smell. Throughout the summer, this tree has shiny green leaves and its large size makes it an excellent tree for shade. During fall, the Cleveland's leaves turn into spectacular shades of red, orange and purple.
- Very low maintenance, can grow in almost any condition. Attracted to birds and squirrels, pollinated
- Mature Size: 25-35 ft and 12-15 ft wide
- Sun: Full Sun, Partial Shade/Sun
- Hardiness Zone: 5-7
Plants will be shipped semi-bare-root (with little soil) from December to April. As the plants are dormant (sleeping), it is perfectly safe to send them bare-root. Winter is the safest and the best time to ship plants.
This plant will be shipped in 2 - 7 days, Please email us ASAP if you want this plant to be shipped in spring.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 30-40 ft.
- Full Sun
- Mature Width:
- 15-20 ft
- Botanical Name:
- Pyrus calleryana 'Cleveland Select'
- Growth Rate: