- Dwarf, Shinko Asian Pear Tree. Crisp, golden fruit, refreshingly sweet flavor. Ripens mid season, stores well into the winter. is a valuable landscape addition because of its profuse white bloom, grey bark and green shiny leaves and golden fruits - shipped in 5 Gallon pot-3-5 ft tall. The plants maybe shipped in smaller pots/plastic bags for the safety of the plants
- Mid season ripening, excellent quality. Juicy, sweet, flavorful, refreshing, crisp like an apple. Golden brown russeted skin.
- DWARF, 10-15 Ft. Tall FULLY GROWN,
- FULL SUN- Zones 4-9
- Shinko is extremely productive and has excellent fire blight resistance
Plants will be shipped semi-bare-root (with little soil) from December to April. As the plants are dormant (sleeping), it is perfectly safe to send them bare-root. Winter is the safest and the best time to ship plants.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 10-12 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 12-15 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Pyrus serotina 'Shinseiki'
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st Year!