- Chinese Chestnut
- Great shade tree
- Bears nuts in 2-3 years
- Cold hardy in zones 4 - 8, Full sun to partial shade
- 40-60 ft.tall when mature
- Harvest Time: September - October
- Glorious shining yellow and gold leaves in Fall
- The plants maybe shipped in smaller pots/plastic bags for the safety of the plants
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 4-8
|Mature Height:||40 to 60 Feet|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun to Partial Shade|
|Mature width:||20 to 30 Feet|
|Botanical Name:||Castanea mollissima|
|Years to Bear||2 to 3 Years|