Astilbe arendsii 'Fanal' foliage emerges bronze and turns to dark green in the Summer. Fanal blooms, dark red on upright plumes early Summer. Requires consistent moisture and prefers rich, well drained soil. Best to cut Astilbe back in the early Spring. Mature height 18"-24", spread 18"-24"
- Part Shade to Shade
- Blooms Dark Red Plumes - Early Summer
- Foliage emerges bronze fading to dark green in Summer
- Effective as a shade ground cover in large groups
- Consistent moisture required
- Height: 18-24 Inches
- Spread: 18-24 Inches
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Attracts Wildlife: Attracts Butterflies
- Critter Resistance:Deer Resistant, Rabbit Resistant
- Exposure:Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Season of Interest (Flowering): Summer
- Attributes: Naturalizing, Summer Bloomer, Cold Tolerant, Mass Planting, Border or Bed, Low Maintenance, Ground Cover, Woodland Garden
- Foliage Color: Dark Green, Burgundy
- Habit: Spreading, Clumping
- Season of Interest (Foliage): Spring
- Soil Moisture: Moist, Well-Drained
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.