- (1 Gallon) Southern Gentleman Holly-- shipped in 1 gallon pot 10-16" tall
- Green foliage with white flowers; Good use for a wonderful background shrub.
- Water regularly to maintain wet or evenly moist soil
- extremely hardy late-blooming male holly with dense, rich green foliage on an upright, rounded form. It does not set fruit but serves as an excellent pollenizer for late-flowering female southern hollies, such as Sparkleberry, Winter Red, and Winter Gold
- Sun: Needs full sun to partial sun;Hardiness Zone- 3 to 8
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-10 ft.
- Full Partial
- Mature Width:
- 6-10 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Ilex verticillata 'Southern Gentleman'
- Growth Rate: