Liriope muscari 'Big Blue'
This is the standard of green Liriope. Big Blue has narrow, ¼" wide, green leaf blades. Blooms with lavender flower spikes mid-Summer and they are followed by near black berries. Big Blue Liriope clumps spread by short rhizomes. Perfect for erosion control on banks, slopes and large bed plantings. Can be used for borders and edging if kept in check.
- Sun to Shade
- Evergreen - cut back late Winter
- Lavender flower spikes - Mid-Summer followed by near black berries
- Clumps expand by short rhizomes- more contained than spicata
- Use for ground cover or controlled edging
- Good choice for banks and slopes
- Moderately salt tolerant
- Height: 12-15 Inches
- Spread: 12-18 Inches
- Hardiness Zone: 5/6-10
- Full Shade, Partial Sun, Full Sun
We cannot ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 1-3 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 1-3 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Liriope muscari 'Big Blue'
- Growth Rate: