- Pindo Palm (Butia capitata),
- Leaves ranging from light green to bluish gray and growing 5 to 10 feet long.
- Trunk normally reaches 12 to 15 feet with a diameter of 12 to 15 feet.
- Grows in zones: 8 - 10, Full Sun. Produces fruit many use to make a sweet jelly, hence the name Jelly Palm.
- Great alternative for folks living along the Atlantic Coast and the South.
- Approximately 2 feet tall.
shipping for orders received from California might be delayed, and can't ship any 3 gallon plants to California.
The plants may be shipped in smaller pots/plastic bags for the safety of the plants
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 8-11 outdoors
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-20 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Butia capitata|