- (3 Gallon Bare-Root) REDBUD Tree, red buds open into beautiful purple pink flowers appearing all over the tree and even the trunk in early spring adding color to any landscape. Heart shaped leaves emerge as purple then turn to green and in the fall, to yellow. A relatively small tree with spreading branches and a small short trunk, one of the earliest flowering trees often used to add color to gardens. Avoid planting in wet sites.<li><span class=" a-list-item="">What is bare-root shipping? When the plant is shipped with the roots taken out of the pot/ground, and the roots are then wrapped in moist paper, with or without soil. The roots wrapped in moist medium is then covered with some kind of plastic to hold the moisture. The paper with moisture will keep the plant alive, during the journey. The biggest advantage of this method is the cost of shipping is very much reduced- also a very, very safe method in winter months. The plants, once received, roots should be given a soak immediately for 30 minutes and planted immediately. ANY DAMAGE/DISLIKE/DISPUTE SHOULD BE NOTIFIED WITHIN 24 hrs for returns, for bareroot THIS IS THE SAFEST METHOD TO SHIP DURING THE WINTER MONTHS (when the plants are dormant) Most plants go dormant in Fall and Winter and will lose most of their leaves. Looking dead and dry is VERY NORMAL. They will flush out in Spring.
- Height: 20-30 ft Spread: 15-35 ft
- Zones: 4 to 9 Full sun to part shade.
- Adds lots of landscape color in Spring.
- Multiple seasons of interest./span>
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 4-9
|Mature Height:||20 to 30 Feet|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun to Part Shade|
|Mature width:||15 to 35 Feet|
|Botanical Name:||Cercis canadensis|