- Bonsai, Zelkova, (Japanese Elm), Bonsai is 6-8" tall. Shipped in 5" plastic pot, 8" plastic pot and 12" Ceramic pot
- Originally from Japan and China, member of the Ulmus genus.
- Single-toothed leaves, leaves are ovate and pointed.
- Thrives indoors in high light and appreciates being outdoors during warmer months.
- When temperatures drop below 45 degrees, keep tree on a windowsill or on a table in front of one.
- Plants may loose their leaves during Winter/Fall
Growing Zones: 5-8
Sunlight : Full, Partial
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.