- (2.5 Gallon) Arbequina Fruiting Olive Tree-The plant will produce olive fruits Shipped in 2.5 Gallon Pot 15-18" tall,
- cold hardy, withstanding temperatures as low as 5 degrees. Thrives in most average, well-drained soils; best if slightly alkaline, but highly adaptable. Self-pollinating fruit ie does not need cross pollinator.
- Hardy in Zones 8-10, Full Sun,Fully grown 35 to 40 ft. tall, 25 ft. wide. Drought tolerant when established.Shelter young plants from winter extremes.
- possibly can be grown New York City and Chicago, when wrapped and covered for winter protection
- can even be buried horizontally in the ground for the winter, to grow back in the spring.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 20 ft.
- Full Sun
- Mature Width:
- 12 ft
- Botanical Name:
- Olea europaea 'Arbequina'
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st Year!