Hemerocallis 'Ming Toy' - Dormant, single, diploid. Blooms are red with a yellow throat, 3.25" wide. Ming Toy Daylilies are early bloomers, May/June. Mature foliage height is 18"-20". Bloom height 24"-28"
Daylilies have sword-like leaves arranged in pairs and grow only at the base of the plant. The leaves are narrow, smooth and slightly folded, with a central ridge running lengthwise down the back of the leaf. Six hours of sun or more will provide better blooming. Use for mass plantings, ground cover, erosion control, edging, borders, mixed beds, rock gardens.
- Full Sun to Part Shade (6+ hours for better blooming)
- Early Bloomer
- Bloom size 3.25"
- Mature foliage height 18"-20", bloom height 24"-28"
- Height: 24-28 Inches
- Spread: 12-18 Inches
- Hardiness Zone: 3-10
- Attracts Wildlife: Attracts Butterflies, Attracts Pollinators, Attracts Humming-birds
- Critter Resistance: Rabbit Resistant
- Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Season of Interest (Flowering): Spring
- Attributes: Naturalizing, Erosion Control, Drought Tolerant, Mass Planting, Spring Bloomer, Cold Tolerant, Edging, Salt Tolerant, Border or Bed, Fast Growing , Ground Cover
- Foliage Color: Green
- Habit: Clumping, Spreading, Upright
- Soil Moisture: Well Drained Soil, Dry Soil, Average Water
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.