- The œNijisseki or 20th Century Asian pear- Crisp, golden fruit, refreshingly sweet flavor. Ripens mid-August to October, stores well into the winter. is a valuable landscape addition because of its profuse white bloom, grey bark and green shiny leaves and golden fruits.
- Mid season ripening, excellent quality. Juicy, sweet, flavorful, refreshing, crisp like an apple. Golden brown rusted skin.
- DWARF, 10-15 Ft. Tall FULLY GROWN,
- FULL SUN- Zones 4-9
- extremely productive and has excellent fire blight resistance
- Pollinator not needed, but a second plants always helps. The data regarding pollinators for this plant is ambiguous
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.