Wax myrtle is the perfect plant for stream banks, lakesides, areas that are prone to flooding and drought.
- Southern Wax Myrtle-3 gallon plant around 1.5 to 2 ft tall l
- clusters of waxy blue-gray fruits,wax myrtle fixes atmospheric nitrogen
- 10-12 ft tall, fully grown,8-10 ft wide-fully grown, hardy in zones 7-9
- waxy berries are a high energy food source for birds in the winter,
- salt tolerant and hence good for seaside plantings.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 7-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15 ft.
- Full Partial
- Mature Width:
- 15 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Myrica cerifera
- Growth Rate: