- Alachua muscadine grape vine plant-1 gallon size (2 Year Old Plant)
- Good for fresh eating and wine making
- Self fertile, productive, with medium high vigor
- Black purple fruits which are very sweet.
- 18% sugar, Thick skinned
- Hardy in zone 7-10
- Tolerant of insect and disease pests. Homeowners can successfully grow muscadine grapes without spraying any pesticides
- ANY DAMAGE/DISLIKE/DISPUTE SHOULD BE NOTIFIED WITHIN 24 HOURS FOR RETURNS.
- For bareroot this is the SAFEST METHOD for shipping during winter months when the plants are dormant.
What is a bare-root shipping (SEMI-BARE ROOT)? : plant is shipped with the roots taken out of the pot/ground and the roots are then wrapped in moist paper, with or without soil. The roots wrapped in moist medium is then covered with some kind of plastic to hold the moisture. The paper with moisture will keep the plant alive during the journey. The biggest advantage of this method is the reduced shipping cost. It is also a very safe shipping method in winter months. Once the plant is received, roots should be given a soak immediately for 30 minutes and planted right away.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.