AUSTIN Blueberry Shrub
Austin blueberries is a newer variety developed by Dr. Brightwell's successor, Dr. Max Austin of the University of Georgia.
- Early variety
- Medium to large size plump fruit that is sweet and juicy
- Fruit is medium in size with excellent color, firmness, and yields
- Very vigorous upright growth with narrow crowns
- Production level is high.
- Hardy in zones 7-9
- Austin's chilling requirement is 450 to 550 hours
- Suggested pollinators are Alapapha, Climax, Brightwell, and Premier
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.