If you love Forsythia for its outstanding yellow flower show in spring, "believe it or not" now you can enjoy that golden glow in your landscape all season long! As with other Forsythia, 'Believe it Or Not' displays a profusion of glowing yellow flowers all along the branches to herald the arrival of spring. But then, as the flowers are fading its golden leaves splashed with green centers emerge to extend the glow all the way until late fall. A new twist on an old-time favorite flowering shrub, this golden beauty has the same natural hardiness and is just as easy to grow as its predecessors. Enjoy in full sun to part shade. Get all the details below!
- Partial Shade to Full sun
- Mature Height : Up to 5 Feet
- Mature Spread : Up to 5 Feet
- Zone : 5 - 8
Plant Care Instructions and Attributes
- They can tolerant poor garden soil, are fairly drought tolerant once established and have very little pest or disease problems. Be sure to plant forsythia in full sun for best flower and growth.
- Growing around 5 feet tall and equally as wide, the Believe It Or Not Forsythia is ideal for use as an accent, in groupings, or as a natural or clipped formal hedge in landscape and flowering shrub borders. A fine addition to yellow theme gardens, cut flower gardens, cottage gardens and perennial gardens.
- Forsythia is exceptionally easy to grow. It is adaptable to most any soil, preferring a loose, moist but well-drained soil of average fertility. Full sun is preferred however plants will tolerate some light shade. Does not require pruning, however responds well to it for shaping purposes or hedges. Prune immediately after flowering.
- Suggested Spacing : 4 feet apart for solid hedges; 7 feet or more apart for space between plants
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 5-8
|Mature Height:||Up to 5 Feet|
|Sunlight:||Partial Shade to Full Sun|
|Mature width:||Up to 5 Feet|
|Botanical Name:||Forsythia intermedia|