‘Blue Suede’ is a new southern highbush blueberry ( Vaccinium hybrid) jointly released by the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, the University of Georgia Agricultural Experiment Station, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture–Agricultural Research Service for the homeowner market. The new cultivar ripens early compared with rabbiteye cultivars generally available to home gardeners in the Southeast through large commercial nursery outlets.
- Very Low Maintenance Plant
- Full sun
- Mature Height : 3 to 5 Feet
- Mature Spread : 3 to 5 Feet
- Zone : 6 - 9
Plant Care Instructions and Attributes
- Blue Suede produces an abundance of attractive, light blue fruit. Berries are generally large and flavorful. The new variety ripens early compared to rabbiteye varieties generally available to homeowners in the Southeast through large commercial gardening outlets.
- Blueberries are a four season landscape beauty. They feature delicate white or pink bell-shaped flowers in spring, lovely blue berries in late spring and summer, brilliant fall foliage, and exfoliating, reddish-brown bark in winter.
- It can be used in edible landscapes, but can also be combined with other acid-loving shrubs such as azaleas, gardenias, and hollies.
- Create an edible container with Blue Suede® by underplanting herbs such as sage, rosemary & thyme. Easy to maintain, the self-pollinating variety provides luscious large fruit that ripens in early summer. It’s the perfect choice for those lazy days of summer.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 6-9
|Mature Height:||3 to 5 Feet|
|Mature width:||3 to 5 Feet|
|Botanical Name:||Vaccinium corymbosum|