Bonita Blueberries Shrub
Early variety, good for warmer climates, firm large size fruit. Light blue color, great flavor. Vigorous growth habit.
- Fruit size is large, firm, has good color
- Fruits early and has low chill hour requirement
- Should be planted in warm climates
- Needs to be planted in a well drained soil
- Hardy in zones 7B - 10
- Plants are vigorous but more spreading in nature than other varieties
- Self-fertile but cross-pollination produces the best fruit crop
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft.
- Harvest Time:
- Botanical Name:
- Vaccinium ashei 'Powderblue'
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate: