- Ajuga reptans 'Chocolate Chip' (Carpet Bugle, Bugleweed) Shipped in 18 count flat of 3.5" pots
- Blue flowers above dense foliage of small, elongated, overlapping leaves of green and chocolate, fast growing and spreading. Light foot traffic.
- Evergreen, Deer and Rabbit Resistant, Drought Tolerant
- Full Sun to Shade, 3-4" tall and 12-18" wide when fully grown
- Hardy in zones 4-9 Attracts Hummingbirds and Butterfly
Plants will be shipped semi-bare-root (with little soil) from December to April. As the plants are dormant (sleeping), it is perfectly safe to send them bare-root. Winter is the safest and the best time to ship plants.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 2-3 ft.
- Shade to Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun
- Mature Width:
- 6-12 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Ajuga reptans 'Valfredda'
- Growth Rate: