- Chokeberry 'Briliantissima"
- a native plant
- white flowers in April
- red berries and red fall color
- 6-8 ft tall
- Full Sun/light shade
- hardy in zones 4-9
- attracts birds and insects
- great for hedges and cover for wild life
- The name 'chokeberry' is because of its very tart and bitter berries,
- edible but so astringent that they, literally, choke the individual.
- sometimes used to make jams and jellies
- showy red fall color and beautiful red berries
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.