Phlox subulata is a low growing, carpet-like spreader with a mossy appearance. Needle-like green foliage. Phlox subulata 'Scarlet Flame' is covered in Spring with scarlet flowers for 2-4 weeks. Can be pruned after blooming to keep it low and neat. Phlox subulata adapts to a wide range of soil conditions. Tolerates drought once established. Recommended in small and large plantings as a ground cover, for erosions control, slopes, mass planting and borders. Works well in rock gardens and creeping over retaining walls. Mature Height 4"-6"
- Full Sun
- Blooms early Spring
- Low spreading mossy like carpet
- Adapts to wide range of soils
- Creeps over rocks or retaining walls
- Height: 4-6 Inches
- Spread: 12-18 Inches
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
Characteristics & Attributes:
- Exposure:Full Sun
- Season of Interest (Flowering):Spring
- Attributes:Rock Garden, Border or Bed, Fast Growing, Mass Planting, Erosion Control, Evergreen, Naturalizing, Drought Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Ground Cover, Spring Bloomer
- Foliage Color:Green
- Habit:Trailing, Creeping
- Soil Moisture:Average Water, Well Drained Soil
- Critter Resistance:Rabbit Resistant, Deer Resistant
- Attracts Wildlife:Average Water, Well Drained Soil
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 7-11 outdoors
|Mature Height:||30-40 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-20 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Pyrus calleryana 'Cleveland Select|