Delosperma cooperi is a tough evergreen, mat forming ground cover that blooms all season. Delosperma coooperi has green, cylindrical, succulent foliage. Beginning late Spring, it is covered with 1 ½"-2", brilliant Magenta blooms and keeps blooming through Fall. Delosperma prefers well drained soil to dry soil with average water. May need Winter protection in Zone 5. Delosperma cooperi is drought tolerant and moderately salt tolerant. Ice Plant is a good fit for borders, edging, rock gardens, ground cover. Mature height 3", spreads 24"
- Full Sun
- Blooms brilliant Magenta - Spring thru Fall
- Succulent green foliage
- Drought tolerant
- Height: 3 Inches
- Spread: 12-20 Inches
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Characteristics & Attributes
- Attracts Wildlife: Attracts Pollinators, Attracts Butterflies
- Critter Resistance:Deer Resistant
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Season of Interest (Flowering): Spring, Summer, Fall
- Attributes: Summer Bloomer, Salt Tolerant, Blooms all Season, Heat Tolerant, Mass Planting, Border or Bed, Evergreen, Fast Growing, Rock Garden, Long Blooming, Low Maintenance, Ground Cover, Drought Tolerant, Edging
- Foliage Color: Green
- Habit: Trailing
- Season of Interest (Foliage): Summer, Fall, Spring
- Soil Moisture: Well Drained Soil, Average Water, Dry Soil
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors
|Mature Height:||5 ft.|
|Mature width:||5-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Camellia sansanqua 'Shi-Shi Gashira'|