- Edgeworthia chrysantha 'Winter Gold' Paper bush
- Rice paper plant
- Blooms look like inverted sunflower
- Gorgeous yellow and white fragrant flowers
- Full of fragrant flowers on bare branches
- Blooms in winter from jan/feb to march
- Prefers moist and well drained soils
- Mature size is 4-6 ft tall
- 4-6 ft wide
- Hardy in zones 7-10
- Full sun
- Related to Daphne family, the bark was used by chinese to make the finest paper
- Gorgeous blooms in winter, after the leaves drop off
- The flowers clusters of 40-50 buttery yellow blooms and the fragrance can be smelt some distance away
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.