‘Florida King’ Peach is an excellent choice for home gardeners in the south. This vigorous fruit tree is widely planted across the gulf coast and produces abundant crops of high-quality peaches. The clingstone fruit is large and firm with a smooth texture. Its skin is yellow which blushes with red when it ripens. ‘Florida King’ peaches are self-pollinating and typically ripen in May to early June and have a delicious, sweet flavor. Grow your own fresh peaches for fresh eating, cobblers, pies, tea, and other tasty treats!
- Full sun
- Mature Height : 15-20 Feet
- Mature Spread : 15-25 Feet
- Zone : 6 - 9
- The tasty FlordaKing peach tree is the best overall peach for North Florida —and for good reason! It was created by the University of Florida and has become very popular recently.
- This peach variety is semi-clingstone meaning its yellow flesh will grip the fruit’s pit even while eating. These fleshed peach stone fruits have a long shelf life and are relatively disease-resistant especially to black bacterial spots.
- When planting, be sure to choose a location that allows for peach trees to spread up to 20 feet. They will need hot weather during their growing season, well-drained soil, and need fertilizer regularly.
- To maintain their size and encourage new growth, they require heavy pruning. Peach trees begin to bear fruit at approximately 3 years of age and will reach peak productivity at 8 to 12 years.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 6-9
|Mature Height:||15 to 20 Feet|
|Mature width:||15 to 25 Feet|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica
|Year to Bear:||3 Years