Ghost pepper (Bhut Jolokia), ghost chili pepper, red naga chili, Naga Jolokia, and ghost chili,world record holder for hottest chili pepper. A scoville heat unit index of over 1.1 million (a jalapeno pepper, for contrast, is only 2,000 shu)
- GHOST PEPPER PLANT shipped in 1 gall pot-10-15" tall,
- believed to have originated in Assam, India-used as wide ranging medicinal spice
- high in vitamins A and C and offer many health and medicinal benefits
- hardy to zone 4-10, full sun to part shade
- heat rating of approximately 1,000,000 SHU (Scoville Heat Units)
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.