Heucheras are incredible garden plants for their toughness, colour and texture that look good ‘all year round’ and tolerate of a wide range of climatic conditions from the cold of the Deep South’ right through to the hot and humid ‘Winterless North’. Heuchera ‘Black Taffeta’ offers silky black foliage which is deeply ruffled and textured. Leaves are larger, darker and shinier than ‘Chocolate Ruffles’ and the climate tolerance of this Heuchera, being a cross of villosa, micrantha and sanguinea, is second to none.
- Partial Sun to Full sun
- Mature Height : 10 inches to 1 Feet
- Mature Spread : 1 to 2 Feet
- Zone : 4 - 9
Plant Care Instructions and Attributes
- The darker the foliage generally the more sun tolerant so ‘Black Taffeta’ can be expected to be more sun tolerant than most.
- Tolerant of drought conditions and extremes of winter weather.Avoid over-watering or water logged soils, ensure good drainage as with all Heucheras.
- Take care not to bury the crown of Heucheras when planting.
- Water and feed occasionally with slow release fertiliser.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.