Hostas are a mainstay of shade gardens. Notwithstanding the often showy flowers produced, hostas are primarily grown in shady areas for the ornamental excellence of their foliage. Very effective in groups or massed. Good background plant. Shady borders, shade gardens or woodland gardens.
- Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Mature Height : 1.5 to 3 Feet
- Mature Spread : 1.5 to 3 Feet
- Zone : 3 - 8
- An ever-popular, classic hosta; large, ovate leaves have dark green margins
- Leaf centers emerge light green in the spring and become progressively more gold towards early summer; morning sun will enhance the gold color
- Forms a large mound of foliage, making it ideal as a specimen or in mass plantings
- Their subtle colors, tall flower scapes, and broad, coarse leaves fill a niche in garden designs that few other plants can achieve. Their large leaves provide excellent coverage for dying bulb foliage. Hostas also grow well in city environments where the air may be polluted by car exhaust, etc.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 3-8
|1.5 to 3 Feet
|Partial Shade to Full Shade
|1.5 to 3 Feet
|Hosta fortunei 'Gold Standard'