Hostas are exceedingly popular perennials in today's gardens due to their versatility in the landscape. Their subtle colors, tall flower scapes, and broad, coarse leaves fill a niche in garden designs that few other plants can achieve. Their large leaves provide excellent coverage for dying bulb foliage. Hostas also grow well in city environments where the air may be polluted by car exhaust, etc.
- Partial Sun to Full sun
- Mature Height : 15 Inches
- Mature Spread : 48 Inches
- Zone : 3 - 9
- A sport of 'Guacamole'
- Huge, 10½" long, brilliant gold leaves with wide, dark green margins
- Variegation appears early in the season and prominent veins throughout give it the look of "stained glass"
- Large, fragrant, pale lavender flowers appear on 30" scapes in late summer. Exhibits greater sun tolerance
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 3-9
|Mature Height:||15 Inches
|Mature width:||48 Inches
|Botanical Name:||Hosta 'Stained Glass' (Plantain Lily)|