BLUE PACIFIC JUNIPER
Blue Pacific Juniper is a trailing, low growing, evergreen conifer, surprisingly soft to the touch. Aromatic, blue green, ½" needle like leaves densely cover branches that spread 4'-6' wide. Low growing and dense, Juniperus c. 'Blue Pacific' makes a good ground cover for full sun slopes. It needs well drained soil with average to medium moisture while getting established. Drought tolerant once established. Thrives in sandy soil and will tolerate sea salt. Adjust to most any soil type as long as it has good drainage. Birds are attracted to the bluish cone-like berries in the Fall. Mature height 12", spread 4'-6'
- Full Sun
- Evergreen shrub
- Low-spreading form
- Deep blue-green needles
- Use on slopes for erosion control
- Use as a ground cover or for mass plantings
- Height: 6-12 Inches
- Spread: 4-6 Feet
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Exposure:Full Sun
- Attributes:Border or Bed, Rock Garden, Cold Tolerant, Erosion Control, Heat Tolerant, Ground Cover, Winter Interest, Evergreen, Edging, Drought Tolerant, Salt Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Mass Planting, Fragrant
- Foliage Color:Blue-Green
- Habit:Trailing, Spreading
- Soil Moisture:Average Water, Well Drained Soil, Dry Soil
- Critter Resistance:Deer Resistant
- Season of Interest (Foliage):Summer, Fall, Winter
Plants will be shipped semi-bare-root (with little soil) from December to April. As the plants are dormant (sleeping), it is perfectly safe to send them bare-root. Winter is the safest and the best time to ship plants.
This plant will be shipped in 2 - 7 days, Please email us ASAP if you want this plant to be shipped in spring.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8 ft.
- Full Partial
- Mature Width:
- 2-3 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Sedum rupestre 'Angelina'
- Growth Rate: