‘Torulosa’ is frequently referred to by its common name, Hollywood Juniper. The asymmetrical crown of finetextured, deep green foliage creates undeniable drama for each specimen in the landscape. Torulosa will produce a useful accent anywhere its unique form is appreciated.
- Full sun preferred, but will tolerate some partial shade as well. Growth rate, and foliage density will both suffer slightly when planted in shady locations.
- Mature Height : 10 - 14 Ft
- Mature Spread : 4 - 6 Ft
- Zone : 5 - 9
- Twisted growth habit. The flowers are inconspicuous. Blooms are brown and yellow, insignificant and appear in Spring. Leaf color is green with no change in fall. This plant has fragrant foliage. Fruit color is blue, dry, oval, round and inconspicuous, although it rarely fruits.
- The artistic appearance of its twisted, rustic form makes this a wonderful landscape accent
- An excellent evergreen for use as a topiary specimen in containers and formal gardens.
- Well-suited for cooler coastal regions.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 5-9
|Mature Height:||10 to 14 Feet|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun to Partial Shade|
|Mature width:||4 to 6 Feet
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus chinensis|