Let's Dance®Blue Jangles®is a big-leaf hydrangea that blooms on both old and new wood, with a tight, compact habit that is unusual among reblooming hydrangeas. Large, full flower heads will readily go heavenly blue in acid soils; in alkaline soils, they'll be vivid pink. This proven performer will bloom reliably even in zone 5. If you love blue hydrangeas but don't have space for the traditionally large types, plant Let's Dance Blue Jangles hydrangea from Proven Winners.
- Partial Sun to Full sunli>
- Mature Height : 2 Feet
- Mature Spread : 3 Feet
- Zone : 5 - 9
- In colder climates, such as zone 5, we recommend planting these bushes in a sheltered location. Or adding extra protection during the winter. Adding mulch to these shrubs is also recommended, to add extra root protection and help retain moisture.
- Similar to most other hydrangea macrophylla, these shrubs require quite a bit of water. But be sure to also provide well-drained soil to help prevent against root rot. Water frequently, but not too often. A good way to tell when the bushes need water, is when the leaves start to wilt.
- Plant in a location that receives ample sunlight, but afternoon shade is preferred to help prevent the shrubs from burning up during hot summer days.
- Plant these small bushes 2 to 3 feet wide, center on center. For a hedge, you can plant 12 inches apart for a short garden border. These small compact shrubs also work great in garden planters. Do not plant more than 1 in each planter, unless the planter is more than 24 inches wide.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 5-9
|Mature Height:||2 Feet|
|Sunlight:||partial Sun to Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Hydrangea macrophylla