Has ½" wide, green leaf blades. Blooms with dense, lavender flower spikes shaped like Christmas trees mid-Summer and they are followed by near black berries. Christmas Tree Liriope stays in clump form. It does not spread by rhizomes. Perfect for borders, edging and mixed beds. Also used for erosion control on banks, slopes, large bed plantings and in woodland gardens. This variety of Liriope requires shade.
- Part Shade to Shade
- Evergreen - cut back late Winter
- Lavender Christmas tree shaped flower spikes- Mid-Summer
- Stays in clump form - no rhizomes
- Good choice for borders and edging
- also suitable for ground cover and mass planting
- Moderately salt tolerant
- Height: 12-15 Inches
- Spread: 12-18 Inches
- Hardiness Zone: 6-10
We cannot ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 1-3 ft.
- Full Partial
- Mature Width:
- 1-3 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Plumbago auriculata 'Dark Blue'
- Growth Rate: