Liriope spicata "Creeping Lily Turf"
Liriope spicata has narrow, ¼" green leaf blades. Blooms with pale lavender to near white flower spikes mid-Summer. Spicata Liriope spreads rapidly by underground rhizomes. Spicata, commonly called Creeping Lily Turf, should be planted in controlled areas. Perfect for erosion control on banks, slopes and contained large bed plantings. Not recommended for borders or mixed beds.
- Sun to Shade
- Evergreen - cut back late Winter
- Lavender flower spikes- Mid-Summer
- Fast and aggressive creeper by rhizomes
- Use for ground cover and mass planting in controlled areas
- Very good for erosion control in controlled areas
- Not for borders, edging or mixed beds
- Moderately salt tolerant
- Height: 12-15 Inches
- Spread: 12-24 Inches
- Hardiness Zone: 4/5-10
Plants will be shipped semi-bare-root (with little soil) from December to April. As the plants are dormant (sleeping), it is perfectly safe to send them bare-root. Winter is the safest and the best time to ship plants.
This plant will be shipped in 2 - 7 days, Please email us ASAP if you want this plant to be shipped in spring.
We cannot ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 1-3 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 1-3 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Liriope muscari 'Big Blue'
- Growth Rate: