This is a densely compact evergreen conifer shrub or narrow, conical tree that grows well in coastal NC and grows up to 6.5' tall, although the tree form of this plant can grow up to 50'. In colder regions, it can be used as a container plant to be brought in from the outdoors during the winter months.
- Partial Sun to Full sun
- Mature Height : 8 to 10 Feet
- Mature Spread : 3 to 4 Feet
Zone : 7 - 11
- Shrubby Japanese Yew Pine is a dwarf form of what can become a large tree. The deep green needles are much shorter in length and held more densely along the stem.
- Prefers rich, slightly acidic, moist, well-drained, fertile soils in full sun to part shade.
- The plant is tolerant of shade but intolerant of wet soils. This plant likes medium relative humidity and has a slow growth rate.
- This plant has no serious pest or disease problems and is resistant to deer.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 7-11
|Mature Height:||8 to 10 Feet|
|Sunlight:||Partial Sun to Full Sun|
|Mature width:||3 to 4 Feet|
|Botanical Name:||Podocarpus macrophyllus|