for GREEN TEA: PLUCK THE YOUNGEST LEAVES AND BUDS, DRY THEM IN SHADE AND STEAM IT IN A POT...for OOLONG TEA: pluck the tender leaves, dry them in shade, roast in oven at 250F for 20 minutes. FOR BLACK TEA: pluck the tender leaves, roll and crush the leaves on your finger tips, spread them on a tray and let it dry in a cool location for 2-3 days and roast them in oven 250F for 20 minutes.
- This plant produces medium sized tea leaves.
- The origin of this plant is from china and tea is produced in China, India, Sri Lanka and Kenya.
- The first 2-3 tender leaves are plucked, dried and roasted to make the famous cup of tea.
- Camellia sinensis, RED LEAF Tea plant- shipped 10-15" tall
- This plant is the one which gives you the tea leaves
- Evergreen plant with pinkish flowers, aka C. sinesnsis'Rosea'
- Compact bushy plant, with fine texture
- Hardy in zones 7-9,
- Fall blooms.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.