Shinseiki is one of the most popular Asian Pear cultivars in the United States for good reason. Similar to all Asian Pears, Shinseiki is an extremely heavy producer and begins bearing fruit at a relatively young age of two to three years old. The fruit produced by Shinseiki are bright yellow, bursting with sweet nectary juice, and tend to be much smaller in size when compared to cultivars such as Hosui and Chojuro. In fact, Shinseiki Asian Pears are typically about half the size of these Asian Pears! This makes these Asian Pears perfectly snack-sized for to eat fresh, pack away for lunch, or keep on the counter.
- Full sun
- Mature Height : 15 to 20 Feet
- Mature Spread : 10 to 15 Feet
- Zone : 5 - 9
- An uncommon characteristic of the Shinkseiki Asian Pear is the vast range of climates where this tree thrives.
- Growing zones for Shinseiki range from tropical climates, such as Hawaii, all the way to continental climates, such as Michigan! This rare adaptability makes Shinseiki unlike almost any other fruit tree, and also allows people all across the country to grow and enjoy the same delicious Asian Pears!
- Abundantly produces bright yellow, extremely juicy, snack-sized Asian Pears
- Shinseiki is one of the most adaptable fruit trees, thriving from climates such as Hawaii all the way to winters below zero.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
Growing Zones: 5-9
|Mature Height:||15 to 20 Feet
|Mature width:||10 to 15 Feet
|Botanical Name:||Pyrus serotina 'Shinseiki'|