Native to the rainforests of Brazil, the Stromanthe Triostar is a decorative plant with a mesmerising multi-coloured foliage. Various shades of green, white-cream & pink come together in swirls to make a masterpiece on the leaves. The Stromanthe Triostar can be grown in decorative indoor pots or outdoor in the shady patches of the garden
- Partial Shade
- Mature Height : 2 to 3 Feet
- Mature Spread : 2 Feet
- Zone : 10 - 12
Plant Care Instructions and Attributes
- Triostars grow best in warm, humid conditions, and this is why they tend to be an ideal house plant, sitting in a window with sufficient indirect light. But keep the plant away from sitting near a radiator or air conditioner.
- Turning the plant around once a week can help ensure a good, even distribution of the leaves, as they'll grow in the direction of the light. Misting can also help to create the humidity they need.
- Tropical plants often need light that mimics what would be found in a rainforest environment.
- Your triostar needs a soil that is well-draining, breathable, and light. Although it needs to retain moisture, it shouldn't be too heavy or claggy.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 10-12
|Mature Height:||2 to 3 Feet|
|Mature width:||2 Feet|
|Botanical Name:||Calathea Stromanthe Triostar|