This very compact southern magnolia features an upright form with shiny, deep green leaves that have heavy, velvety, reddish brown undersides, and classic, large 6- to 8-inch wide, fragrant, white flowers. A superb specimen tree for smaller landscapes, or use as an accent in larger landscapes. Evergreen.
- Full sun
- Mature Height : Up to 12 Feet
- Mature Spread : Up to 9 Feet
- Zone : 7 - 9
Plant Care Instructions and Attributes
- It is usually a very dense grower and will bloom on and off right through the year. Contrary to popular opinion, we find that Magnolia ‘Teddy Bear’ is NOT a slow growing plant.
- Magnolias such as ‘Teddy Bear’ are best grown in full sun as a feature tree. They shouldn’t require any pruning at all if they are healthy and growing strongly.
- Easy to grow. Once established, Magnolia ‘Teddy Bear’ will require very little maintenance.
Pruning other than minor trimming is not required or recommended. Regular fertilizing with products such as Troforte and Organic Link will produce fast results and a vigorous plant.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 7-9
|Mature Height:||Up to 12 Feet
|Mature width:||Up to 9 Feet
|Botanical Name:||Magnolia grandiflora ''Southern Charm''