The Original Endless Summer Hydrangea is the first hydrangea that blooms both on the previous year's branches as well as the new season's growth. This shrub has beautiful blue or pink flowers spring through summer. The color of blooms depend on soil pH, which can be amended using an acid fertilizer in the early spring. The compact size of the shrub of 4 feet tall and wide will fit almost any landscape. Makes a superior accent or specimen plant. These also make great cut flowers for arrangements.
- Full sun, Partial Shade
- Mature Height : 3 to 5 Feet
- Mature Spread : 3 to 5 Feet
- Zone : 4 - 9
Plant Care Instructions and Attributes
- Game-Changing Selection Produces Blooms All Summer Long. Outstanding Reblooming Hydrangea
- Flowers on Both Old and New Wood, Incredible Pink Flowers Turn Blue When Grown in Acidic Soils and Cold Hardy
- Plant in well-drained, moist soil rich in nutrients. Although not required, prune Endless Summer Hydrangeas in early spring. Trim off any winter-damaged or dead stems throughout the year.
- Pruning during the growing season is not recommended, but if desired, prune after the first flush of blooms. Because this plant blooms on both old and new wood, pruning will not prevent the shrub from flowering all-together.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 4-9
|3 to 5 Feet
|Full Sun, Partial Shade
|3 to 5 Feet