A Trailing, Low Growing, Very Prostrate, Evergreen, Makes a Good Groundcover For Full Sun Slopes. Blue Rug Juniper is a trailing, low growing, very prostrate, evergreen conifer. Silver-blue foliage - ½" needle like leaves densely cover branches that spread 5'-6' wide. Foliage takes on a purplish tinge in the Winter. With a low, flat growing nature, Juniperus h. 'Blue Rug' makes a good groundcover for full sun slopes. It needs well drained soil with average to medium moisture while getting established. Drought tolerant once established. Thrives in sandy soil and very tolerant of sea salt and wind. Adjust to most any soil type as long as it has good drainage. Birds are attracted to the bluish berry-like cone in the Fall.
- Mature height 4"-6", spread 6'-8'
- Full Sun
- Evergreen shrub
- Thick, dense silvery blue foliage
- Great in rock gardens or spilling over walls
- Very low-growing with trailing branches
- Use as a ground cover or for mass plantings
- Height: 4-6 Inches
- Spread: 5-6 Feet
- Hardiness Zone: 3 - 9
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Attributes: Drought Tolerant, Naturalizing, Cold Tolerant, Salt Tolerant, Mass Planting, Evergreen, Border or Bed, Edging, Rock Garden, Erosion Control, Low Maintenance, Winter Interest, Ground Cover
- Foliage Color: Blue
- Habit: Trailing, Spreading
- Soil Moisture: Average Water, Well Drained Soil, Dry Soil
- Critter Resistance: Deer Resistant
- Season of Interest (Foliage):Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors
|Mature Height:||3 ft.|
|Mature width:||3-4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star'|