- ALTHEA BLUEBIRD, Rose of Sharon,
- Single, Violet Blue flowersÂ with a deep red throat,Â Blooms inÂ summer
- Grows in zones 5-9
- Prefers full sun/part shade
- Hardy , drought resistant, attracts pollinators, low maintenanceÂ
- Can be grownÂ in a tree shape orÂ can be trimmed short to keep like a hedge.
- Trim short in early spring as flowers bloom on new growth,
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.