CAMELLIA BLOOMS IN FALL & WINTER.
WHEN MOST OF THE OTHER PLANTS LOOK DEAD.
- Camellia japonica KICKOFF,
- Large to very large, loose peony form, pink striped blooms
- mature size is 6-8 ft tall and 4-6 ft wide, blooms Late winter and early spring
- Evergreen,camellia-rose of the winter
- part sun/shade, hardy in zone 7-11, Plants will be shipped semi-bare-root (with little soil) from December to April. As the plants are dormant (sleeping), it is perfectly safe to send them bare-root. Winter is the safest and the best time to ship plants.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.