- Light Needs: Partial to full sun Watering Needs: Water regularly - weekly, or more often in extreme heat or containers. Average Landscape Size: Fast growing; forms dense foliage clumps 5 ft. tall, 3 ft. wide. Key Feature: Showy Dwarf Grass Blooms: Late summer, persisting through winter. Landscape Uses: Border, Coastal Exposure, Container, Cutting Garden, Erosion Control, Mass Planting, Wildlife Garden
- Plant type:Perennial, Ornamental Grass Deciduous/evergreen:Herbaceous Growth habit:Round Growth rate:Fast Average landscape size:Reaches 2 to 3 ft. tall, clumping slightly wider; blooms reach 4 ft. tall.
- Narrow Growth rate:Fast Average landscape size:Fast growing; forms dense foliage clumps 5 ft. tall, 3 ft. wide. Special features:Bird Friendly, Dwarf Plant, Fall Color, Fast Growing, Waterwise Foliage color:Green Blooms:Late summer, persisting through winter. Flower color:White
- Care Information Easily grown in average, moist, well-drained, loamy soils. Water deeply and regularly during the first growing season to establish an extensive root system; once established, tolerates moderate dry spells. Cut foliage clumps back to 3 inches above the ground and apply fertilizer in late winter to early spring.Pruning time: early spring.
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 5 - 9
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.