The AU Rubrum plum tree produces fruit that is ideal for canning, preserving and fresh eating. This plum produces very large abundant crops of delicious sweet and juicy plums. These plums have a sweet red flesh and very dark red skin. Ripens mid-late June. Partially self fertile, but will produce much better when pollinated with another AU or the Methley plum. Developed at Auburn University.
- Partial Sun to Full sun
- Mature Height : 12 to 15 Feet
- Mature Spread : 8 to 10 Feet
- Zone : 5 - 9
- What's not to love about this unique plum variety? The AU Rubrum has dark red skin, red flesh, and a sweet flavor. It also yields a large amount of fruit and was specifically developed to be resistant to a number of diseases.
Produces plums with a sweet flavor, dark red skin, and red flesh.
- Yields a high quantity of fruit.
- Specifically developed to resist bacterial canker, leaf spot, fruit spot, and black knot.
Good for fresh eating, preserves, and canning.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.
Growing Zones: 5-9
|Mature Height:||12 to 15 Feet
|Sunlight:||Full Sun to Partial Sun|
|Mature width:||8 to 10 Feet|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus salicina 'AU Rubrum'|