Finally a yellow plum of high quality! To quote the United States Department of Agriculture, “Byrongold meets or exceeds all current expectations for tree vigor, productivity, precocity, and resistance to the bacterial and fungal diseases that are common in the Southeastern United States”.
Byrongold’s fruit is a winner too. Large, over 2 inches in diameter, and round, it’s bright yellow on the outside with a golden-yellow flesh that’s deliciously crispy.
Needs another Plum Tree for pollination. Ripens late June to early July.
- Partial Sun to Full sun
- Mature Height : 12 to 15 Feet
- Mature Spread : 12 to 15 Feet
- Zone : 8 - 9
Plant Care Instructions and Attributes
- Each season provides its own kind of beauty with peaches, plums and nectarines. Spring brings billows of fragrant pink to red flowers like cotton candy clouds, followed by months of beautiful fruit changing from green to yellow, gold, peachy red or purple
- In fall, leaves turn bright yellow. Standard-sized trees can be used as small shade trees or as part of a fruitful border.
- When full grown, the willowy trees are 12-18 feet tall. Mix peaches, plums and nectarines with smaller fruits such as blueberries, blackberries, figs and pomegranates. Group them along a pathway so you can enjoy them close up!
- Where Should I plant Them? Peaches, plums and nectarines prefer well-drained soils and part to full sun.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.