- Hardiness USDA zones are 5 to 9
- The growthh of this plant can reach up to a maximum of 1.5 to 2.5ft tall AND wide
- It is excepted in full sun to partial shading with medium to wet soils
- Cut foliage to the ground in late winter before new shoots appear.
- Fountain Grass is one of the best choices for smaller dry gardens and courtyards. Plant it as foliage contrast and fall color with mixed perennials. Looks best in dry stream beds and around rocks in natural or wild gardens.
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.