WHEN MOST OF THE OTHER PLANTS LOOK DEAD.
The "April" Series Camellia's are the most cold Hardy Camellias and can withstand Colder Temperatures ranging from 20 to 10 F
- CAMELLIA japonica APRIL MELODY- shipped in 1 gallon pot, 10-18" tall
- small,single red blooms and bloom for a very long season, from MARCH
- blooms when most of the plants look dead, BLOOMS in WINTER and Spring
- mature size is 10-12 ft height, and 6-8 ft wide
- part sun/shade, hardy in zone 6-9, (cold hardy to -10 to -5 F)
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage- very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years (plant are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping). Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves - looking dead and dry - very normal. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by department of agriculture.