- ALTHEA ARDENS, aka Rose of Sharon
- Continuous Double purple blooms whole summer long
- Hardy, drought resistant
- Growing zones 5-9
- Prefers full sun/part shade
- 8-12 ft tall fully grown, can be trimmed short to grow like a hedge
- Trim short in early spring as flowers bloom on new growth
Note: The plant is shipped in its pot, firmly secured with several layers of clear tape, thereby avoiding any shuffling and moving during transit. The plant reaches you with minimal damage very safe and secure. We have been shipping plants like this for several years. Plants are sometimes shipped in smaller pots for safety and ease of shipping. Most plants go dormant in fall and winter and will lose most of their leaves, It is normal for dormant plants to look brown and dead. They will flush out in spring.
We cannot send ship some plants and some sizes to California due to restrictions placed by California Department of Agriculture.
Growing Zones: 5-9
|Mature Height:||8 to 12 Feet|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun, Part Shade|
|Mature width:||5 Feet|
|Botanical Name:||Hibiscus syriacus